So every now and then I do a Muse Fuel post--these are things I do to keep Muse, and by association, me(!) happy.
As an author, sooner or later, you run into the concept of branding. Having a website and participating on different social networking platforms you start to realise that the more cohesive your voice and "look" is, the easier it will be for readers to find you, recognise you and remember you.
When I was putting the website together, Muse and I were in our element looking at colours, font styles and photos that could provide background for both romantic suspense and contemporary romance books (I didn't want pink, yellow was too sunshiny, green too nature-y, monochrome too business-y etc., etc.). Wait, what do you mean people don't take it to that extreme?!? Um...okay--in that case here's a simple post about a bag I made, which by coincidence, happens to use my own branding and can be used to deliver my swag to writer conventions--or, you know, advertise the "writer me", wherever I go!
If you feel like doing the same you will need:
Image Transfer Paste, or Iron-on Image Transfer Paper
Some scraps of material
Cotton/Embroidery Thread (optional)
1) Iron the bag to get all the creases out.
5) Cut the letters out and tack them to your chosen material. I used denim and leather to match the colours in my image. Cut the fabric letters out.
6) Insert a protective layer into your bag. I used cardboard. Place the letters on your bag in your chosen postion. I used a tape measure to get straight lines and even spacing.
8) When the letters are dry choose a button to represent the "dot" in your web address.
9) You can either use coordinating thread to sew the buttons on or you can glue them on.
And voila: My Eve Devon.com bag!